2. Which does the speaker see first? (1 point)
3. When he saw Virgil, the speaker calls out for mercy because he thought Virgil was (1 point)
someone he knew in life.
going to hurt him.
going to leave him alone in the desert.
4. The rhyme scheme of Dante’s inferno is (1 point)
all of the above
5. The main idea of this selection from Dante’s inferno is (1 point)
Virgil is a wise sage.
Dante is lost in the woods.
Dante encounters Virgil and befriends him.
Dante is lost in the woods and wanders into hell.
6. The best word to describe the speaker’s attitude toward Virgil is______. (1 point)